Monday, July 21, 2008

Wimbledon Finals Part-I

It was an usual Sunday for me.! Classes in the morning and exam the next day.. The only thing that cheered me up that day was the Wimbledon Final between the 2 greatest players- Namely Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer..

I came and sat down in my hall..! Sat down with the book to revise something for the next day's test(Which i flopped ultimately :D) but i was shocked to see my parents sit down and switch on the television..

I asked why ? And bang came the answer.! "Cuz i wanna see Wimbledon finals".!

All i thought to myself was "WOOV"..Nothing else..Never had such a build up to a sporting event happened in my house, not even for any cricket match..

So this was all that we were bothered about that night.! WIMBLEDON, CENTRE COURT, RAFA NADAL vs ROGER FEDERER.!

I felt as though no one was with me.! My dad, Kaushal, Vivek and Barry were all supporting Federer.! And i realized i would be the only one to shout "VAMOS RAFA".!

But all i prayed was that it would be a good match.!

As usual, the Finals was delayed thanks to some heavy shower at London.. Was delayed by one hour.!

But there it all started..The covers were removed, umpires were at their positions and the players arrived with a standing ovation.!

The first set started with a flurry.! None of the 2 gave up on any points.! Slugged it out.! And by the look of it, we could say that we were in for a real feast..

Nadal broke Federer in the 10th game and took the first set in 48 mins.! 1-0 to Rafa.!

Second started in the similar fashion.! But this time around, Federer dominated.! Broke Nadal once and went into a 4-1 lead.! But just before we could count Nadal out, he unleashed the bull within himself.! Broke Fed twice and won the next 5 games and with it the set 6-4.!

Woohoo.! 2-0 to Nadal.! Yay ! I was jumping around.! People started to think-" Has the Champ Fallen" ?

No comments: