Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Role Models in my life..

As it goes, I live my life entirely deriving inspirations from the life of other great people's life. All though I go by the irony that it'll be me who goes forward and others follow, I do often look upto certain people in my life.

  • Mahatma Gandhi- I don't know why people have a disliking towards this great man.. Some say he's a coward.. I say those people are cowards. Not one man could win over a reckoning force without taking a weapon in his hand. Such is the greatness of the FATHER OF OUR NATION.. I am one of the uniquest people having a great liking towards Indian History.. And each time i read it, I get inspired by the way he was able to unite Hindus, Muslims and a country of 1 billion to oppose the British Rule only through Non Violence.! His speeches and quotes created a legacy which was largely used by Martin Luther King Jr., another great person, for Black Freedom in the United States.
  • Isaac Newton - Haha.. Now I know I won't be much popular among my batch mates who incidentally happen to read my blog for writing his name here. But i give a damn. I mean if only i had a quarter of his brains, aah.! I can imagine where I would be.. Lol..(i know am dreaming.) Firstly when i saw his picture when i was in 7th or so, I thought he would be yet another general of the British in India.. Haha.. Only when i came to 8th did i know the brains of this genius. From his F=ma to all his laws in motion and gravity, his ability in reasoning and science is what wanted me to pursue and realize there is something more to Physics than blind reading. And that's why i love physics.
  • Dr.A.P.J Abdul Kalam - The one who has set my "Wings in fire".. "DREAM BIG".. That's what the greatest Scientist of India had to say to all the young children of India.. He further quoted- "Transforming India into a developed nation by 2020 and seeing smiles on the faces of one billion people is the greatest challenge for our nation." He had a vision for India. From a village in the southern tip of Tamil Nadu, Rameshwaram, to a MIT student, to the Rashtrapathi Bhavan and now India's most lovable person, his journey inspires many a people. His modesty and his affection for Kids is what makes him such a special person in my life.
  • Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev - My guru, a great personality whose main aim is to make people realize the purpose for which they are living.. A great donar too.. Has set up many schemes all around Tamil Nadu to help the needy by providing free education, free medicine and many others things like this.. Not all people in this modern advanced world have the heart to help the ones who are in need of it, which says he is one in a billion.
  • Sylvester Stallone - This great versatile actor just about finishes my top 5 of my role models.. Well, people may ask what's so great about this actor which has made me rate him as one of the best.. Few do know Slyvester had paralysis in his mouth.. He had lost everything in his life.. His friends saw him as sore loser.. Thats when the fire burning within this man came out.. He came up with a story for a film.. A film entirely about Boxing.. And nothing else.. When he showed it to his friend who was a director, he just said it was REAL CRAP and shouted straight at his face saying NO MORON WOULD LIKE TO WATCH A 2HR FILM WHICH INVOLVES BOXING.. The ambition to prove all these people who had discarded him made him take a huge risk.. He got a help from his little know friend to direct the film where he was the source of story, dialogue and the actor.. And what was the movie ? Umm, R-O-C-K-Y ! Wooah.! If not for this man's burning desire, we would never had the inspirational Rocky Series.. Hats off Sylvester..



There are others too who inspire me like Lincoln, John.F.Kennedy, Sachin Tendulkar, Rajinikanth, few of my friends and my parents.. But none give me more inspiration than the ones i've mentioned above..

2 comments:

barry said...

The problem with we people is that, we spend almost all the time searching for inspiration that we forget to do what we actually ought to in order for the next generation to see us as their role model..

Kaushal Raj ! said...

interestin choices man ..