Thursday, September 4, 2008

Football - Breath of my life..

Well, it's been long since i wrote a post.. And just going through my blogs, i realized that i hadn't written about the Footy i watch week in and week out..

The Barclays Premier League !

Seriously.. Even playing with my friends can't reach the excitement and the intensity with which i watch the EPL..(Or lately, BPL)

Datin back to 2000, Me born in India was introduced to cricket first as usual.. And none in my family liked Football too.. So it was just an accident.. During the summer days, when i used to stay home with nothin other than T.V for company, i lied down and switched on EPL.. Worse for me, Football was going on.. And i clearly remember it was Man United vs Southampton.. Haha..

And so i saw this team in Red leadin 2-0 with 50 mins gone.. I was clueless.. I thought the ref was mad in blowin the whistle every other minute or so.. And finally the match got over, and the coverage continued..

And over week, i started following the football played by Man United.. So people, i have to confess somewhere or the other.. I accept I became an United fan by accident..(accidents are good).. And from there its been an amazing journey from me.. Followed football every year henceforth.. Maybe not with the intensity with which i watched cricket and Sachin then..

Then in 2002, St.James' Park, United vs Newcastle was scheduled to take place.. And i as usual being an United "FAN" then, switched on to watch the match.. We were down within 10mins.. I remember Tyler shoutin out- " Jenas by name, Genius by Nature", i felt WHATS GOING ON ? Lol..

Then came Paul Scholes.. Blasted home 3 goals.. Ripped the ball.. And we won the match 6-2.. Boy.. This match is what turned me from an United Fan to A Fanatic henceforth..

And from there its been United all the way.. And i have never in my life uttered a thing wrong about this CLUB..

1 comment:

Kaushal Raj ! said...

haha .. da newcastle game was one of da matches i reeli remember .. da first game i fully watched was i remember , first game of some season .. united beatin west brom 1 - 0 wid a ole goal .. lol ..! nd i started followin united by accident too .. infact , me funnier .. fifa game demo .. used ta choose united .. stuck on dat way ! how lucky i am ! :)