Friday, December 5, 2008

A Black Wednesday

Well , to start off , its been real long since I blogged . So thought I could write one ..

A BLACK WEDNESDAY

So was it one . Thanks to the ever lasting rains , school had declared a holiday . Or rather , the government had .. 

So it all started there .. A lazy morning , a planned venture out to Vaaranam Aayiram along with friends .. We had booked tickets the previous day and were waiting for it to arrive .. Few eager waiting moments passed by rather eventfully amidst people telling not to go for the movie for own safety as Cyclone Nisha was supposed to cross then .. We had our own problems of the tickets not arriving till 2 odd .. And then , I got a call from my friend and to our delight he said , Got Tickets just now .. Lol .. 

But the rain kept pouring , so were advices from parents not to go . But i din't want to miss out on the film .. It was 4 . And i wasn't ready .. Couple of my friends came . I was still having a bath .. And then came out , with a reebok T-shirt and a cargo shorts with a back pack to carry stuff .. Much to the amusement of people around me .. Hehe .. Who gives a shit ..

We then took a decision , Rain or Hail , nothing is going to deter us from going to the film . And firm we were . So we took an Auto to Srinivas' from where he bought a Car .. Flooded was it everywhere .. It was fun to say water in Chennai .. Felt like going out and playing .. But .. :P:P 

So we were finally outside Satyam , well before time .. Thought of spending some time at BLUR . But damn it , they had closed due to some problem .. 

The wait was over . We were there watchin Vaaranam Aayiram .. To talk about the film , it was reality .. Akin to the lives of many teenagers now a days .. The Ups and Downs .. The First Half was a feel good type , after a long did i watch a nice musical movie . Second Half was hard to digest , but was reality .. Enjoyed the movie ..

What awaited us were rains and more of them . We searched endlessly to spot Srinivas' auto which we managed to successfully after half hour .. Journey back home continued .. Back through the flooded streets .. What made it exciting was the JOKE the auto man had cracked .. Too good it was .. Finally , i was back home .. 

And thats when I , err , it all began for me .. Wasn't able to sleep the whole night for reasons known to few .. Just when i managed to get some sleep , my mobile rang .. I cursed it .. Explicitly .. It read 3 MESSAGES RECEIVED .. Just felt like screwing the person ..  Opened it .. It came BARRY , BARRY , BARRY ..

Opened it .. And it Read - "OUR COUNTRY IS GOING BACK TO THE DOGS .. A GROUP OF TERRORISTS ARE HOLDING MUMBAI FOR RANSOM .. THEY'VE SUCCESSFULLY ENTERED THE TAJ , TRIDENT - OBEROI AND HOSTAGES ARE HELD .. GOD SAVE THE COUNTRY " ..  And a couple of messages relating to this ..

My heart started pounding even more .. Where was I ? What's happening to India ? I felt like going back to bed .. But how could I ? How could i sleep happilly when the whole of Mumbai is on Fire ? I just could'nt .. Switched on my Tv , and what followed confirmed my worst fears .. True .. Our Country was going to the Dogs .. The first Image i saw was the Dome , the Dome of the Taj been shattered to pieces .. It read India's 9/11 , 86 killed, 100 injured .. 

Dad got out of bed .. Maybe he thought i was watchin a Football Game late at night .. And just when he came to scold me , he saw it .. We sat and saw .. But we were'nt seeing for long .. Personally i wasn't .. Just could'nt take it thanks to things which had happened before i went to bed .. So i went slept with Parents , Hoping the crisis would have come to an End the next day ..  



1 comment:

barry said...

hehe.. i've been mentioned.. :P